Our governors work very hard alongside school leaders to ensure that Parklands keeps moving foward and developing. Governors oversee that the school improvement plan is followed and that all actions are completed. This is reported at the half termly governor meetings and also discussed at committee meetings. At the end of each meeting, governors discuss what they have done to help further develop the education and experience that Parklands can offer our children - you can find these listed below:
- Governors Reviewed the school budget
- Governors approved the use of the DFC fund
- Governors agreed a pastoral teaching role for family liaison.
- Governors challenged the data issues with year 2.
- Governors have been updated about how the school is responding to the COVID-19 lockdown.
- Governors amended how staff keep up to date with Safeguarding information.
- Governors addressed the mental health of children.
- Governors approved the intercom system for the safety of the children.
- Governors elected the Chair and Vice Chair to oversee the Governing Body for the academic year.
- Governors amended the structure of the Governing body in order to aid recruitment of Governors.
- Governors have approved the School Improvement Plan.
- Governors have approved the schools COVID-19 Strategy.
- Governors discussed expectations around attendance with the wellbeing of pupils and parents in mind.
- Governors are supporting the school and everything that is being done during this time.
- Governors approved staff changes for the new academic year.
- Governors discussed and agreed how to safely open the school to all children in September.
- Governors discussed ongoing maintenance of the school building.
- Governors successfully held a virtual meeting to prioritise the safety and wellbeing of our children, parents and staff.
- Governors reviewed risk management during the school closures and the reopening of school on June 1st.